You can never go wrong with an all-Italian classic: Artisanal-made Organic Pesto Sauce. It’s great for every occasion, you can spread it on a piece of toast to create a ‘trendy’ entree or combine it with all sorts of pasta to create a tasty dish to share at the table with your loved ones. Originally invented in the Liguria Region near Genova, pesto is known all over the world for its distinct basil, pine nut, garlic, parmesan cheese, and olive oil combination. Widely consumed in the summer season for its light fresh consistency, here we propose an easy-to-make pasta dish for this season, using one of our gourmet Italian Organic Pesto Sauces to make life in the kitchen efficient, healthy, and delicious all at once!
Ingredients: (4 servings)
- 500g ORGANIC KAMUT ITALIAN SPAGHETTI
- 2 JARS ORGANIC ITALIAN ARTISANAL PESTO SAUCE
- 400g FRESH ORGANIC SHRIMP
- A BUNCH OF PESTO LEAVES
- 2 TABLESPOONS OF OLIVE OIL
- A FIST OF COARSE SALT
- PINK PEPPER
- 1 CLOVE OF GARLIC
- LEMON SLICES
- Peel and then steam the fresh shrimp in a pan for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, boil a large pot of hot water on the stove. Add a fist of course salt to the boiling water. Add the spaghetti, cook for ten minutes and leave ‘al dente’ (hard on the tooth).
- Finely chop the basil and garlic. Add the olive oil to a hot pan, stir fry the garlic and basil, add the cooked shrimp, and stir for a couple of minutes. Add the spaghetti. Add a jar and half of Pesto sauce, and meld well until all the spaghetti is well coated. Keep the fire at a low temperature.
- Garnish with lemon and pink pepper and a couple of basil leaves on top.
SERVE WARM AS A MAIN DISH OR A STARTER!!