Summer Spaghetti Dish!
A typically Italian summer recipe that you can enjoy by the sea or to freshen up your menu for a weekend dinner party to impress friends or family, is Spaghetti with Clams. A southern traditional delight that goes the extra mile due to a combination of Italian Organic ingredients; from artisanal made Whole Wheat Organic Italian Pasta to the rich flavor of Italian Organic Olive Oil combined with cured small ripe Organic baby tomatoes known in Italy as ‘pomodorini’, a summer must to brighten your table, sweet to taste and thanks to a few tips, a delightful alternative to using the pre-made sauce.
Ingredients: (4 servings)
- Organic Clams locally sourced with shells: 1 kg
- Whole Wheat Organic Italian Spaghetti: 500 g
- Organic Garlic: 1 clove
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Fine salt: 2 teaspoons
- Organic Parsley: 1 small bunch finely cut
- Organic Black Pepper: a sprinkle
- Organic coarse salt a fist
- Cured Organic Italian Pomodorini: 1 jar
- Organic lemon: 1 half freshly squeezed
- Organic fresh hot chili peppers: 1 and a half-cut into slices
- Organic Breadcrumbs: 150g
- Clean the clams, then beat them against the sink or on a cutting board to check that there is no sand inside: healthy clams will remain closed, while those full of sand will open. Then place them in a colander over a bowl and rinse them. Place the colander in a bowl and add plenty of coarse salt. Let the clams soak for 2-3 hours.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Then add a clove of garlic and parsley with lemon juice, as the oil takes on flavor, drain the clams well, rinse them, and plunge them in the hot pan. Cover with a lid and let them cook for a few minutes over high heat.
- As soon as they are all open, turn off the heat immediately. Collect the juice by draining the clams. In the meantime, cook the spaghetti for 9 to 10 minutes in plenty of boiling salted water making sure to drain them when they are still ‘al dente’ so a little bit hard on the tooth. Meanwhile, in a side pan roast the breadcrumbs with olive oil.
- Pour some of the juice from the clams into a deep pan, add the lemon, the chili, extra parsley, black pepper, the fine salt, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and simmer for a couple of minutes. Add the pomodorini and clams, stir for a bit, then add the spaghetti, and meld it well. Serve in pasta bowls, garnish with roasted breadcrumbs a dash of parsley, and sliced lemon.
We suggest eating this dish right away to savor the fresh flavors!!