A SPECIAL ITALIAN TRADITIONAL DESSERT WITH PISTACHIO CREAM
INGREDIENTS (6 servings)
- 3 eggs
- 350 g flour 00
- 90 g sunflower oil
- 170 g milk
- 170 g sugar
- 1 lemon grated rind
- 1 Orange grated rind
- Almond aroma vial
- 15 g Instant yeast for quiches
- Almonds q.b. (to decorate)
- Sugar sprinkles q.b. (to decorate)
- Start by taking the eggs, separating the egg whites and yolks into two different bowls, and whipping the egg whites until stiff.
- Add sugar to the yolks and mix with the blender, then add the grated peel of an orange and lemon and the aroma of almonds.
- Continue stirring, adding sunflower oil and milk. Stir again and begin to add the flour little by little, stirring carefully. Then it’s time for the yeast: we use a pizza maker-type sachet and blend again well.
- At this point we must decide if our dough for the Easter dove is good, simple, and delicate, or if we want to enrich it to taste with other delicious ingredients, such as candied fruit, raisins, or chocolate chips.
- Add our previously whipped egg whites and mix gently from bottom to top.
- The dough for our dove is ready: we put it in a mold, and we dedicate ourselves to garnishing the surface. The traditional dove requires granulated sugar and almonds; I respected the tradition in this recipe.
- Once the decoration is finished, we can bake it at 180 ° C for 40 minutes.
- Fill each slice with Organic Italian Pistachio Cream to enrich the flavor.
Our homemade Easter dove is ready, just have a little patience and let it cool before biting it!