PISTACHIO PESTO A REAL TREAT!
There are many variations of pesto, and one of the most interesting and tasty ones is made out of Sicilian pistachios organically farmed and toasted to create a harmonic flavor that astonishes and delights at the same time. A great spring dish for friends and family to savor with Organic Italian Prosecco!
INGREDIENTS: (4 servings)
- Organic Italian Pistachio Pesto 250g jar
- Organic Italian Spaghetti 500g
- Organic Italian Olive Oil (4 tablespoons)
- Fresh Organic Pistachios
- Fresh Organic Pine Nuts
- Basil leaves
- Organic Italian Parmesan Cheese
- Boil 2 and a half liters of water in a deep pot. Add half a fist of salt when it boils. Add the pasta and stir with a fork to separate the spaghetti.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the pistachio pesto sauce, add a couple tablespoons of the cooking water where the pasta is boiling to blend.
- Drain the pasta after about 10 mins when it is still (al dente) hard on the tooth and add it to the sauce in the pan. Stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Serve in a deep dish and garnish with fresh pistachios, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, and a basil leaf on top for decoration.
Serve as a first course or main dish with a fresh glass of sparkling organic prosecco!!